Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Clumsy

He trips, he falls, he hits his head. Why can't he just stay on two feet? Preston is so clumsy! This morning he got in such a frenzy when he saw the refrigerator door open that he flung himself across the room and straight into the cabinet door. Though flying forward, he managed to hit the back of his head and get an instant goose egg. Then as I was gathering my lunch from the pantry, he rushed over to grab the raisins container and tripped over my foot and fell face first into the bottom wire rack! He scratched his chin open. He had been awake for about 10 minutes and already injured twice on my watch! Perhaps I can slow his clumsiness by having food set out for him before I bring him to the kitchen with me. The boy loves food and any opportunity to get some, he's there, whether he hurts him or not! 

But I can't protect him forever. He's a free soul, doing what he wants when he wants, despite momma's stern warnings. You'd think I'd have the hospital emergency number on speed dial, but luckily he's pretty sturdy and bounces back from his falls quickly. His numerous daily falls. He may not be graceful, but at least he's cute :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment