Saturday, January 31, 2009

No Patience

I've been on a roll all morning cleaning and organizing the house. I've managed to make the basement presentable! It's easy to get carried away with playing on the computer and then realize that Preston has destroyed the entire room. He pulls things off the shelves, hides stuff, and generally just makes a mess while Justin and I play on our computers. Of course we're keeping an eye on him too, just not realizing what he's doing until he's done it already... 

So I stopped by Target an picked up some cute little cubby boxes for our cube shelf. I'm hoping this will prevent Preston from seeing objects that he could easily throw and tear off the shelf. I also bought him some clearance shirts for 2.50! Whoohoo!  He's growing like a weed and can use the cheap new clothes. 

When I left for Target, my car registered the temperature at 28 degrees and on my way home it was 31! That means I can wash my car! Yay! I got so excited that when I got home I  grabbed the hose that's been sitting outside since last season and did a test spray. Frozen. Rats.  So I take it inside and drag it to basement in the tangled frozen mess that it's in. I start cracking the frozen water inside by twisting the hose in different directions. An ice chunk flew out!  I was thinking it would be a piece of cake to empty it of the ice and get outside and start washing the car. I'm sure it's above freezing by now. I could only get a few inches of the hose to drain the ice. All the little dings and bends in the hose is preventing the ice from coming out anymore. I spent a good 5 minutes blowing into one end of the hose trying to make the ice shoot out. All I got from that was a dizzy headache and sore cheeks. Stupid frozen hose. Why did we leave it out?? Oh, that's right, we were too lazy. Ugh. So now I'm waiting very impatiently for the hose to thaw out before Preston wakes up from his nap so I can wash my pretty car that's covered in muck and salt that's eating away at my paint and metal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment