Thursday, January 22, 2009

My awful sleepless night.

Last night was just so tiring! I felt like I was back at month 1 with Preston. I went to bed later than normal, closer to 11 because I was reading the final book of the Twilight series. (It's good! couldn't put it down!) 

Preston woke up at 12 crying, so I got up and found his paci on the floor, gave it back to him and went back to bed. 

At 2, Max was up scratching his fur--he's been doing this for about a month or more. I'm pretty sure he has allergies and I'm looking at some home remedies to help his scratching. It's so annoying. He scratches for a minute straight,sometimes longer, sounding like Thumper. It's so loud, that it then wakes Preston too. So I get up and give Preston his paci again and go back to bed. 

At 3, my freakin' fire alarm battery died so it was beeping every 30 seconds! I wanted to scream. I had to get up and tear it off the ceiling and hide it under a stack of pillows and blankets in the spare room. I went back to bed and it was STILL beeping, just quieter. 

At 4:30 Preston is back up crying again. Ugh! So I give him his paci again. This time when I get up I notice how chilly it feels. I quickly get under the blankets again, but my face feels like ice and it's uncomfortable to breath the cold air in. I throw the blanket off and swing my hand in the air. It's cold. I check the vent to see if Justin threw his pants on it or something. Nope. I go downstairs and Preston hears me walk by and starts crying again. My furnace said something funny on it, I couldn't really tell "LO", I was tired, but I knew it wasn't working. So I went back upstairs and grabbed Preston to put him in bed with us. He was cold too. Pretty soon he's snoring and I can't fall back asleep. He also wiggles and kicks in his sleep now, which is really annoying.

 I finally fall back asleep at 6 and then my alarm sounds at 7. Ugh!!! I wanted more sleep!! I went straight to the furnace thing and I could read it better. It said "LO BAT" I replaced the batteries and waited for it to register the temperature in the house. It was 56 downstairs!! I imagine it was colder upstairs, the heat never reaches up there very well. So now I'm at work with circles under my eyes and I can't concentrate very well. I'm daydreaming of a warm bed. I hope tonight is better!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get tons of sleep tonight shannon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! When did you start a blog? I can't keep up with everyone! I hope last night was a lot better as far as sleep goes. I am afraid to vote on your poll and jinx myself. You know we have had MANY sleepless nights over the past 17 months and I never feel like we actually have it all down right!

    ReplyDelete